Hangar 5 - NAS Whidbey Island
Originally constructed in 1953 to house the Navy's new jet-powered A-3D Skywarrior, Hangar 5 was part of the military buildup during the Korean Conflict. In 2008, Patriot was selected to complete a three phase renovation of the hangar. New overhead pre-action systems and AFFF underwing foam systems were installed in both bays. New wet systems were installed in the 3 story support building. The completed facility is designed to house five squadrons of E/A-18 Growlers along with the Electronic Attack Weapons School, and the Commander, Electronic Attack Wing, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
- Location: Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, WA
- Square Footage: 220,000
- Completion Date: 2010