Fire Alarm Technician Trainee
Company Profile: Patriot Fire Protection is a privately owned fire sprinkler company that designs, fabricates, installs, maintains, and inspects fire protection sprinkler systems in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings, with offices located in Tacoma, Spokane, and Vancouver, Washington.
Job Title: Fire Alarm Technician Trainee
Job Summary: Candidate will inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, program, and install a wide array of proprietary and non-proprietary electronic fire alarm systems under the direct supervision of a licensed technician. Candidate will develop the ability to accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection and to communicate with employees, employers, customers, and authorities-having-jurisdiction both written and verbally.
• Proficient with G Suite (Google Drive), Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment, utility vaults (confined spaces), above ceilings, etc.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
• Willing to pass a preemployment drug test, background check, and reference check
• Clean driving record
• Pursuit of Washington State Journeyman License (Low Voltage Specialty Electrician)
• Pursuit of Seattle FA1 License
• Inspect and test electronic fire alarm systems at customer sites
• Produce system inspection, testing, and correction reports
• Ability to work alongside and support the fire sprinkler mechanical team
• Service, troubleshoot, and install many different brands of electronic fire alarm equipment
• Test all equipment after installation/repair to ensure each system will perform as designed
• Respond to 24/7 customer service calls
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, and other technical documents
• Develop and maintain customer relationships
· Possesses a positive attitude and actively works to solve problems
· Takes initiative and can operate with minimal guidance
· Exercises good judgement and is always honest
· Operates methodically and is well organized
· Trains teammates and openly shares knowledge and experience
· Communicates professionally with peers, customers, and managers
· Focused on customer service – goes the extra mile to get the job done correctly
· Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor